Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rebounderz Trampoline Arena

This place opened a couple of weeks ago near us, the first of its kind in all of Virginia.  I bought one of those Certifikid deals online before they opened, and the boys and I decided to go check it out this morning.

Whoa, is it cool.  I mean COOL.  Its a huge indoor warehouse space, with two giant trampoline arenas (one with a giant foam pit off the side), an expansive arcade, snack bar and lots of party rooms.   The staff was really cool and nice. They played with my boys and showed them some tricks.  I liked that it was really sunny inside too, you didn't feel holed up inside a video arcade.  It was also super clean, and the cafe looked inviting with good snacks.

They're big on safety there.   They of course made me sign a liability form, and took our photos for their system so next time we won't have to go thru those steps.   Then we all got special soft shoes to wear while jumping, and the boys got helmets as well. 



We were given a 'tutorial' by one of the coaches and then we were free to jump for our hour. I was thinking going into it that an hour didn't seem like a long time but I'm here to tell you, one hour of hardcore trampoline jumping is PLENTY.  They do have giant fans blowing down on you; if those weren't there you'd just die.

Also, a warning to women who've given birth.  Be sure to FULLY empty your bladder before attempting to jump.  Too much information?

You will be sweaty and thirsty immediately upon jumping, so hit the snack bar before you begin and keep your drink close.  They had benches outside of the arenas, but I didn't see any lockers.

The video games reward you with tickets and that gives the place a Chuck E Cheese feel (although on a scale of 1 - 10, Chuck E Cheese is maybe a 1, and this place is a 12!), as the boys were able to pick out prizes from the tchotchke bar at the end.    You have to buy tokens for the games and most things I saw took 2, 3 or 4 tokens per game.   They have skeeball, our family favorite!

It wasn't very crowded when we arrived, just a few other people.  But mid-morning things started to pick up and the staff was gearing up for some birthday parties later this afternoon.  I imagine they'll do really well once the cold weather arrives too. 














My boys gave it two thumbs up, we'll be back for sure!

No comments: