Thursday, December 22, 2011

John

This week, our family lost a very loved, cherished member.  John, my Stepdads' Stepdad, was an amazing person who devoted his life helping others, spreading Gods' love, and spending time with his children and their spouses, and his 35 grandchildren and great grandchildren.

The next two days will be filled with services where we'll all come together to celebrate John's life.  Its hard to lose someone any time of the year, but the holidays are especially hard.  John loved Christmas.  As difficult as these days are going to be, I know he would have loved everyone coming together.  John was always at every family gathering, taking hundreds of photos, making jokes and holding at least one grandchild.  I'm sure I don't know half the stories of people John counseled and helped during his lifetime, and I look forward to hearing them.

This is John and Martha, surrounded by all of their grandchildren and great-grandchildren (minus my brother and I and our kids and spouses).   Chris and I were at Disney in November when a very last minute beach trip was planned by my Stepdads' family so John could see the sunrise on the ocean.   That's where this photo was taken.    The photo underneath is John and Martha with their 7 children.




May you rest in peace, John.  You will be missed.

No comments: